A favorite of Nepalese community, Potato coated with Sesame is tangy and tasty. Whether, it’s somebody’s marriage or a birthday bash or any other special occasion, Potato Sesame has to be there. Cook up some today for your family. It is sure to win you lot of praises!
- Potato – 4, small size
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi) – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – few drops of it
- Sesame seeds (white til) – 3/4 tsp
- Mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, boil the potatoes. Then peel the skin, cut into small pieces and keep aside.
- In a kadai, roast Sesame seeds till they turn light brown (do not burn it). When it’s done, grind them in a blender until smooth or accomplish the same by using mortar and pestle.
- Take a skillet and heat oil. Add fenugreek seeds and let them crackle. Put the diced potatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Stir gently till the potatoes get coated with the spices. When the potatoes absorb oil and becomes dry, take the kadai out from the fire. Squeeze lemon juice and add the ground Sesame. Mix them well with a spatula.
- Enjoy this very ethnic cuisine with rice and dal. It is usually consumed as a side dish.
Yield: 2 servings
Having read this I thought it was very enlightening.
I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this short article
together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worth it!
@ Jaime – Thanks!
planning to cook it today.
The Potatoes look tempting.
WOW! Alu ki sabji in a very different way. Looks good.