Let’s go back to basics and put simplicity to cooking. Country style chicken is exactly for such moments when want to put aside your masala dabba and cook up some feel-good, old-style meal. Let chicken and vegetables dance together and entertain you!
- Chicken (diced) – 10-12 small pieces
- Onion (small) – half
- Tomato (big) – half
- Mixed vegetables (cauliflower, beans, potato, green peas, carrots, green chillies, coriander leaves)– 1 bowl
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Water – 1 – 1 ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Take out your chopping board, and dice that onion, tomato and other vegetables of your choice. If you like it spicy, add more green chillies.
- In a pressure cooker or large pot, put oil and heat it. When it’s hot, put the cumin seeds and ginger-garlic paste. Add onion and saute for a minute (you don’t have to brown it). Add the tomatoes and then throw in rest of the vegetables and some salt. Stir around a bit till the vegetables mix well. Put chicken.
- Add water (try 1 cup). Add more later if you feel the need to, but make sure you don’t make it too watery because then your curry will become bland. Let it boil, on low heat, for an hour at least.
- Tastes great with steamed white rice. This simple meal is sure to put a big smile on you!
Yield: 2-3 servings
Leave A Comment