Tofu and sauces is a great combination. Quick to make, good to taste, and what else…it’s quite healthy too! Toss up some tonight, and enjoy the goodness of Tofu.
- Tofu – half packet (cut into 8-10 cubes)
- Onion – small, half, cut into thick strips
- Tomato – small, cut into thick strips
- Green chillies – 4-5 pieces, slit into halves
- Ginger – small, 5-6 thinly cut pieces
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 4 tsp
- Beans – 5-6, chopped into halves
- Cornflour –1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Pour 2 tsp of soy sauce in tofu. Let it sit for 10 minutes. In a large saucepan, stir fry them till all the sides turn brown. Keep aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat more oil. Saute the onions, ginger, green chillies, and the beans, on medium high heat. Move them around till the beans and onion becomes little crunchy. But do not over cook them.
- Dissolve cornflour in a small bowl of water (5-6 tbsp of water), and then add 2 tsp soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Put this in the vegetable mx.
- Put the tofu and move around, taking care not to break them. Taste to see the salt level (sometimes, the salt from soy is enough). If needed, add some salt.
- Tofu with fried rice will make a great meal!
Yield – 2 servings
@ Roh – Well…not exactly. Tofu looks like paneer but it is much healthy. It is made from soy milk, and is low in calorie. Some people find it slimy and soft and bland, of course it is, if you compare it with paneer but it does have its own individual taste (it’s very mild though). It’s very popular here in the US.