Want to do something different with your bunch of spinach? Boil and spin it around in your blender! Sounds interesting? Spinach Peas is a mild meal without strong flavor, so if you’re craving for a light something, this is what you can make.
- Spinach – a small bunch
- Green Peas – half a bowl or little less
- Onion – 1, small, chopped
- Green chillies – 2-3, chopped
- Garlic clove – 1, smashed
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Wash thoroughly your spinach. Boil it for 5 minutes, then process it in a blender into a fine paste. You can put green chillies along with your greens.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pot. Saute your onions and the garlic. Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Put the spinach paste and stir around. Let it cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas (thaw it if you’re using frozen peas) and mix it with spinach. Let it cook for 5-8 minutes. Add salt.
- Before serving, add butter. This will give the simple meal a creamy feel.
- Pair it with roti, or eat with rice and dal.
Yield – 2 servings
Leave A Comment