Another great way to enjoy your favorite fish is simply by frying it. Combine it with onion, potatoes and chillies and enhance the taste! It is quick to make, great to taste, and is so filling that this tuna sandwich can easily be your lunch or dinner.
- Tuna fish – 1, small tin
- Boiled potatoes – 1 big
- Onions – ½ cup or more
- White bread – 8 slices
- Green chillies – 4
- Egg – 1
- Salt to taste
- Breadcrumbs – 4-5 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Cut onion and green chillies in small pieces. Mash the potato in a bowl with the help of a spoon but don’t make it all mushy.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sauté chillies and onion till it turns brown.
- Put the potato and mix them thoroughly for a minute.
- Put the fish and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt, just a little bit since most of the tin fishes come in brine water. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Make 4 small balls and flatten them. Transfer in a plate.
- In a bowl, break an egg. Add some salt and whisk it. Spread breadcrumbs in a plate.
- Dip the fish patty/cutlet in the egg and roll it in the breadcrumbs. Process the same for the rest.
- In the same skillet, heat some more oil. If your skillet is big, you can put all four and lightly fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side. The final result should be crunchy and brown.
- Put a patty/cutlet on one slice of bread and cover with another. Cut the sandwich diagonally. Repeat the same for rest of the fish and bread. Enjoy with tomato ketchup or your favorite dip.
Yield – 2 servings
Leave A Comment