Get ready to make some fabulous chicken curry, the Maratha way. If the fragrance of this wondrous chicken blows your mind away, its taste will keep you wanting for more. Chicken Masala is one of the dishes designed to please your palate, fill your stomach and definitely win you lot of praises.
- Chicken (boneless or with fewer bones) – 8 small pieces
- Onion – chopped, ½ cup
- Tomato – chopped, 1
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Oil for cooking
- Coriander leaves – for garnish
For Masala –
- Prepare masala by grinding together in a blender all the ingredients put under ‘for masala’.
- Heat oil in a pot. Sauté onions till they turn brown in color. Add a pinch of turmeric and red chilli powder and stir. Add tomatoes. Add salt. Run your spatula around so that everything mixes together. When tomatoes become soft, add chicken pieces and sauté in medium heat, for 10 minutes.
- Put masala and keep stirring until it gets coated with the chicken. Wash the residue from the blender with 3-4 tbsp of water. Lower the heat and let it cook for 20-30 minutes or until your meat is cooked.
- Decorate with coriander leaves and serve with warm rice. Chicken Masala will definitely get your cooking noticed and appreciated.
Yield – 2 servings
Leave A Comment