Here’s a fun spin on the versatile omelet. We call it the beany omelet. Crack eggs and whisk off to manufacture a hearty, delectable breakfast!
- Eggs – 3
- Beans – 8 pieces
- Garlic – 2
- Onion – chopped, 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
- Red chilli flakes – ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash, trim the ends, and slice the beans into thin circles. Similarly, mince the garlic and cut onion into small bits.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Whisk to form a frothy layer.
- In a large pan, heat oil. When it’s hot and ready, fry off the garlic till it turns brown. Put onion and beans and sauté for a while (don’t overcook the beans) for around 2-3 minutes, on medium heat. Add soy sauce.
- Pour the beaten egg so that it covers the beans mix. You can add crushed red chilli flakes to spice up your omelet. On medium heat, let the eggs cook and solidify.
- Lower the heat. Flip over and cook the other side, till the surface turns brown.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy the garlicky, beany omelet!
Yield – 2 servings