Combine the goodness of apples and oats to conjure a flavorful and wholesome meal. The making process is so easy; it’s actually a child’s play. So, go ahead, flaunt your baking skills and fix a healthy breakfast.
- Apples – 3 medium
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Peel, core and cut apples in quarter circles, thin slices. Toss them with lemon juice, cinnamon powder, 1 tbsp sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly grease a baking pan and place the apples.
- In the same bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon powder, 1 tbsp sugar and butter. Use your fingers to mix and press down to break the oats lumps.
- Sprinkle the oats mixture over the apples and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove and let it cool for 10 minutes. Serve while it’s still warm. Put a spoonful of vanilla ice cream on top for that extra zing!
Yield – 2-3 servings
Wow..this looks great
@ Roh – I eat this for breakfast. You’ll like it if you like apple and oats.