This recipe works perfect on a cold winter day when all you can do is light a fire, play some music, and bake a cake. Sounds dreamy, isn’t it? Fig-tastic cake is also a delicious alternative to a traditional Christmas cake. Go, get some warmth and sunshine this holiday season!
- Dried figs – 20 pcs.
- Walnuts – ¼ cup
- Condensed milk – 14 oz. can
- All-purpose flour – 1¼ cup
- Unsalted butter – 1 stick or ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1.5 tsp.
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tbsp.
- Water – ¼ cup for soaking figs
- Soak figs in warm water for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine coffee powder with 1 tsp. of warm water.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Sieve all-purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder well.
- Grind figs in a blender with as little water (4 tsp.) as possible.
- Microwave butter for 10 seconds.
- Combine all-purpose flour mix, coffee liquid, butter, condensed milk, and fig paste in a large bowl. Beat well with an electric blender/egg beater/spoon till you get a smooth paste.
- Chop walnuts and put in the cake mix. Blend it well.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and pour your batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove, cool for 5 minutes and gently slide it onto a serving plate. Get ready to devour the sinful cake!
Yield – 4 – 6 servings
This recipe is adapted from showmecurry with few modifications.