Ignite your senses with this aromatic cuisine. Forget your regular prawn curry, and go for a different flavor tonight.
- Prawns – 20, small size
- Green or red bell peppers – 1
- Onion – 1, medium
- Tomato – 1, medium
- Tomato ketchup – 3-4 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1-2 tbsp
- Cornflour – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2-4 tbsp
- Wash the prawns and drain the excess liquid. Now, in a large bowl, combine the prawns with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Keep it aside, at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Lightly fry those marinated little pieces till they turn golden in color. While you sauté, you may notice liquid oozing out from the prawns, and this is absolutely fine. Keep them aside or drain in a paper towel.
- Peel the onions and cut them longitudinally in big pieces, separating the pieces into different layers. Cut the tomatoes and bell peppers too in similar way. Slit the green chillies and ginger in thin, long strands.
- Heat oil in the same skillet. On medium heat, lightly sauté the onions till they are transparent, let it remain crunchy and slightly uncooked. Throw in your ginger and chillies and sauté. Put the bell peppers and stir, this time too make sure you don’t overcook. When your veggies are getting cooked, dissolve the cornflour in 5-6 tbsp of water and put it on the skillet. Give one big stir. Make sure your veggies stay crunchy at the end of your cooking.
- Next, bring out your bottle of sauces, the tomato and soy, and pour into the vegetable mix.
- Add the prawns, and on medium heat cook for 5 minutes. Put the tomatoes (again, don’t let it become soft) and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Adjust the seasonings for salt. Get ready to savour some fantastic Chinese style prawn chilli!
Yield: 2 servings
Leave A Comment