When potato meets cheese in the tiny kingdom of Bhutan, that’s when the magic called Kewa Datshi happens. Prepared with simple ingredients and under fifteen minutes, this humble cuisine will instantly win your heart. It might even occupy a permanent place in your dining table!
- Potato – 1 medium
- Onion – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, cut longitudinally
- Cheese slice (any white cheese) – 1
- Green chilies – 1 or 2, split vertically
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Chicken cube/bouillon – ½ cube
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Peel, wash and cut potato in thin circles.
- Heat oil in a pot or kadai. Add garlic, green chillies and potato. Sauté for a bit. Add tomato, salt and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook in medium heat for ten minutes or till potatoes become soft but not mushy. In the last five minutes, put chicken cube and continue cooking.
- Put cheese slice in the center, and let it melt. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for two minutes.
- Serve as a soup or as a curry for your rice. Either way, it’ll keep you full, satiated and warm!
Yield – 1 serving
Leave A Comment