Power Salad is a delicious, hearty and healthy meal. And it is completely vegetarian. Packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants, this is no basic salad. It is a power salad indeed!
- Asian salad kit – 1 pac.
- Spring mix (lettuce, spinach, chard, kale) – 8 handfuls
- Nuts – handful of roughly chopped cashews, raisins, pecans or other nuts
- Sunflower seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Barley grains – 2 tbsp.
- Grapes – 10, thinly sliced
- Apples – half an apple, thinly sliced
- Tofu – ¼ cup of stir-fried tofu
- Edamame – ¼ cup
- Chickpeas – 16 oz. can
- Cook barley in boiling salted water on medium heat until tender. It takes about 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water till cool.
- Asian salad kit usually comes with cabbage, carrot, celery, wontons, and ginger-sesame dressing. Use 4 handfuls of this cabbage mix and the entire dressing. You can also add blueberries and oranges to add more antioxidants to your diet. Toss all of the above listed ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer into individual salad bowls and get ready to power up!
Yield – 2 – 3 servings