Are you looking for healthier options for dinner? Like your fried rice but don’t like the calories? Look no more because Flowery Rice is the perfect dish for you. They meet your nutritional needs, is healthy and tasty too!
- Cauliflower – 1 medium, separate the florets and take wholesome heads
- Onion – half of a medium onion, diced into small pcs.
- Green chillies – 2, split it in the middle
- Veggies – ½ cup of green peas, carrot, beans, mushroom, corn
- Chicken – half cup, diced into small pcs. (optional)
- Eggs – 1 (optional)
- Ginger – 1-inch, diced into small pcs.
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – adjust according to taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Separate the cauliflower florets and grate the wholesome heads using the larger hole of the grater box. Don’t use the smaller hole – it’ll simply make the whole thing mushy. Use 3 cups of this grated cauliflower.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. When it is hot, add the diced onion, green chillies and ginger. Saute till the onion begins to turn brown.
- Put the veggies and mix them with onion. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. You can also put tofu and edamame to incorporate more protein in your diet.
- Put cauliflower. Mix everything together for a minute or till the raw smell of cauliflower goes away. Adjust salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes if you like your cauliflower crunchy or for 10 minutes if you like it well done.
- Make a small hole by pushing the florets towards the edges. Add a drop of oil. Break an egg, and mix it with cauliflower. Keep stirring for a minute.
- If you’re using chicken, fry the chicken pieces in a separate skillet for 10 minute or till it is cooked. Add salt and pepper. Before eating, throw them in the cauliflower mix.
- Garnish your dish with coriander leaves.
- This is a standalone dish, which you can serve with hot chili or Sriracha sauce for a spicer version.
Yield – 2 servings
Leave A Comment