Chicken Mushroomy is just what you are looking to satiate a hungry tummy. Not only is this soup ultra delicious, but also packed with the wholesome goodness of chicken and mushroom.
- Chicken breast – 1 pound, diced into 1-inch chunks
- Mushroom – 6 big pieces, diced
- Carrot – 4 baby carrots, thinly sliced
- Onion – 1/4 cup, diced
- Green peas – 2 handfuls
- Garlic – 2 big, minced
- All purpose flour – 4 – 6 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp, butter – 2 tsp
- Chicken broth – 4 cups
- Coriander leaves – chopped, 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a large pot. When it’s oil and smoking, add chicken chunks. Season with salt and pepper, and saute over medium heat till golden brown, takes around 6-8 minutes. Add red chilli flakes if you like it spicy. Once done, take out in a plate.
- Melt butter in the same pot. Add garlic and stir for a minute till it turns brown. Put onion, mushrooms, carrots, and green peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from fire, and put it in the same chicken plate.
- Add flour and keep stirring till it turns light brown, for 30 seconds to one minute. Pour chicken stock, one cup at a time. Keep stirring while breaking the flour lumps and scrapping the crust from the bottom of the pot (to avoid this, use a non-stick pot). Keep doing till the flour thickens, and the broth turns brown.
- Add chicken, vegetable mix, and coriander leaves. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 2 minutes. Once it starts boiling, cover, lower the heat, and cook for 30 – 40 minutes or till your chicken is soft, tender, but still firm (don’t overcook).
- Serve in bowls, and enjoy the divine soup either solo or with toasted bread.
Yield – 2 – 3 servings